The instructions for the box said to use a template from our template library, but I made a few measurements so that I didn't have to worry about sending my cardstock through my printer or have to trace and cut. I guess I'm a bit spoiled from having our Big Shot for awhile. These instructions are way easy, so don't fret...
- Start with a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock 3-3/4" x 6-3/4"; score on the 3-3/4" side 3/4" on each side. Score on the 6-3/4" side at 2-1/4" and 3".
- Cut along the score line on the flaps from the outer edge to the scored edge. Fold on each score line. Measure along the 3-3/4" flap at 2-1/4" and cut from outer edge to score line. (This should make the front and back flaps even when you assemble your box.)
- Stamp the grass from the Pumpkin Patch stamp set along the bottom front edge of the box in Pumpkin Pie ink. Stamp words on top of box using Chocolate Chip ink. Assemble box.
- Stamp the pumpkin onto a 1-1/2" x 1-3/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock in Pumpkin Pie ink. Stamp the face and stem in Chocolate Chip ink. Stamp the grass and curly vine in Old Olive ink. Adhere to box using Dimensionals.
- I printed the "Christians are like pumpkins" poem with my printer onto Whisper White cardstock. I cut the poems to 1-7/8" x 2-7/8" and mounted it to a 2" x 3" piece of Old Olive cardstock. I slipped the poem into my box behind my treats (those will not last long!!!).
"Christians are like pumpkins. God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then he cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, unforgiveness, etc., and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see. Shine for Jesus!